The October Death Record Education Program starts today with your first challenge. You have 24 hours from the moment the contest starts to enter your answer on the site. The first contest opens at 12:01 Monday morning October 15th, and will close at 11:59 pm on Tuesday.
The winner will then be posted Wednesday along with the new question. Prizes will be given for Monday and Wednesday questions.
Friday questions simply give the participant an extra entry for the grand prize of an iPad. Winners are announced at Death Contest or simply go to the main death page and click on the tab on the left labeled “Contest.”
The prizes for each day are as follows:
* Monday Oct. 15 - $100 Amazon.com gift certificate
* Wednesday Oct. 17 – Family Tree Maker, User Guide, & Advanced User Guide (Approximate Retail Value “ARV” - $114)
* Monday Oct. 22 – US Deluxe year membership (ARV - $155)
* Wednesday Oct. 24 - DNA test (ARV - $99)
* Monday Oct. 29 - $100 Spafinder.com gift certificate
* Wednesday Oct. 31 – World Explorer year membership (ARV - $299)* Grand Prize: iPad
Today’s Challenge: A Death in the Family. You can back daily for tips, hints and more challenges—each one you answer is another entry in the grand prize drawing. So get started now at Death Contest for your chance to win!
Caveat: I am not running the Ancestry.com Death Contest Challenge. If you experience any difficulties or glitches in their contest submission form, please contact Ancestry.com directly.