FamilySearch has now launched Family Tree, the first in a series of exciting services planned for release in 2013 at FamilySearch.org to enrich patron experiences. Family Tree, is a free, online family history tree service. Family Tree brings collaborative web tools together with FamilySearch resources to create an engaging way to discover, preserve, grow, and share your family history as a family community online. Family Tree is now available at FamilySearch.org (Look for the Family Tree tab).
Users of Family Tree can:
· Organize family information into a genealogy tree
· Edit and delete incorrect data, including relationships
· Connect and collaborate with others on shared family lines
· Provide sources and link to online information that shows where you found family information
FamilySearch has created a training website to educate and help new patrons make the most out of Family Tree. The site includes quick instructional videos, a reference guide, webinars, practice exercises, and much more.
Development on Family Tree is aggressive and exciting new features will continue to be added in the next few months. Some of these new features will include:
· Additional features to reduce merging of non-duplicate records
· Ability to add photos and stories
· The migration from new.FamilySearch.org of individual and family notes as well as user-entered sources
· The ability to print pedigree charts, family group records, and other reports
Give Family Tree a try today.