Discover your inside story with AncestryDNA®

July 7, 2017

RIP Cousin Gail, You Fought a Good Fight

R.I.P cousin Gail. You fought hard all your life to overcome many challenges. Life wasn't kind to you but you never let it get you down.

Now you can rest easy. I take comfort in knowing your care over the past few weeks was kind and gentle, that you were not in pain, and that your mom and brother were with you when you passed.

We saw a lot of each other as youngsters but didn't get to see each other as much as we should have once we were adults.  Life took us in different directions and we lost touch for a few years.

I was glad when you moved back to be with your mom because that meant we could visit now and then. The fact that your last years were more settled and that you were happy means a lot. But I'll miss you teasing me about being younger than me! You'd giggle and I'd have to remind you that you only beat me by one month.

I love this photo of us with Grandma stopping me from grabbing your doll.

and this one with Grandma at Christmas when we were both 10 years old
 

Farewell Cousin Gail - I hope you're in heaven laughing with the Angels


3 comments:

Gerryruth said...

So sorry for your loss.

Mary Rohrer Dexter said...

Thinking of you at this sad time.

Wendy Callahan said...

Very sorry for your loss.