Discover your inside story with AncestryDNA®

November 12, 2018

1877 Letter from Adeline Atkins p 1

Olive Tree Genealogy is pleased to publish 4 pages of a letter written in 1877 by Adeline Atkins to her Aunt and Uncle informing them that her grandfather has just died.
 
Pages 2,3 and 4 to follow

Submitter: Peggy S. who sends the following information on the family

I found this letter in the old Atkins Family Bible. There wasn't much there in the way of births, deaths, in the first pages, sadly. There were many Atkins' in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan. Sarah's Father was Robert Atkins and her mother was Anne Teskey. The family was from Ireland I have Anne's mother as Sarah Bowen. I don't know if any of her relatives moved to the Sault. Sarah Anne Atkins came with my Great Grandfather, William Shunk.The letter must have been sent to Sarah since it was in her Bible. I don't see a niece named Adeline in Canada and I have no children listed that would show great aunt names.

No comments: