Discover your inside story with AncestryDNA®

January 29, 2011

Getting Ready for RootsTech (A Video Story)

RootsTech is coming up soon! Don't miss this Technology-Genealogy Conference from Feb. 10-12 in Salt Lake City, Utah. It's not too late to register.

Since I'm an Official Blogger for RootsTech I'm busy making my preparations for the Conference. So, at hubby's urging, I made a short video which you can see below. My one condition was "No closeups!" This is my (our) first time making something like this, and I'm sure we'll get better as we make more!

I can't believe how awkward and stiff I appear! I'll never make it as a movie star. I'm too self-conscious in front of the camera! Next time I want a stylist and make-up artist...

We will be making more Videos when I'm at the Conference and these will be uploaded to Olive Tree Genealogy YouTube Channel If you want to be notified of new videos, just click the SUBSCRIBE button on my YouTube page. Videos will also be embedded here in the Olive Tree Genealogy Blog.

So have a look, and I hope you enjoy my little dog Webley and I talking about RootsTech.

3 comments:

Becky Thompson said...

What a nice video, Lorine. Thanks so much. I'll sure be following your tweets and reading your blog. Give a little pat to Webley for me! What a cutie!

Joan Miller (Luxegen) said...

Love it! What a great idea! I liked the news type format and music.

GeniAus said...

As someone coming from across the seas who has not met anyone else going to Rootstech I feel as though I now know someone. Thanks for the video. I look forward to spending time with you in Blogger World.
Geniaus - Rootstech Official Blogger from Australia