Discover your inside story with AncestryDNA®

April 7, 2015

Time For Some Genealogists to Wake Up

Dick Eastman has addressed one of my top annoyances. 

I am definitely going to use a few of his examples next time I get involved in an online forum when I hear the ridiculous cries of "Genealogy is for sharing!" and "Genealogy should be free!"

Enough said. Please read Dick's blog post I Have a Complaint Concerning Many Genealogists 







Credits: Image by Stuart Mills on FreeDigitalPhotos.net

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I have to agree with him 100%. I am a world member of Ancestry.com. Today I set foot in the LDS Family History Center, Temple Square, Salt Lake City, Utah. The volunteers there are very friendly and easy to talk to and very willing to try and knock down brick walls......

Loraine Ertelt said...

Totally agree.

Colleen G. Brown Pasquale said...

Thanks for that link. Those online services do make life easier for genealogists. We should be willing to pay for that ease of use.

George in Joliet said...

I agree with him 110%. There is no way I could travel to various places for the documentation I need for my genealogy because of both physical and financial limitations. The annual subscription fee I pay to ancestry.com is much less than 1 trip of a few hundred miles for just 1 or 2 records would cost. I am thankful these subscriptions are available.