Discover your inside story with AncestryDNA®

August 7, 2020

S is For Swiss Ancestors

Olive Tree Genealogy is continuing a new Alphabet Genealogy series of blog posts. I'm not following the usual way of going A-Z surnames. Instead I will create a one word "tag". Then I will share an ancestor (mine, my husband's, an inlaw's or one of my children's) who fits the tag

Today's letter is S for Swiss Ancestors. My Swiss ancestors were Mennonites. I only have a few:

I have not done in-depth research except on the Burkholder line but if you have these surnames in your tree, feel free to drop me an email or leave a comment below. 

1 comment:

jim beattie said...

Hi Lorine, I too have the surname Hondsikker in my ancestry through my File/Fyle/Feil line. My earliest ancestor to date with this family is Richert Hondsikker b. 1680.