Discover your inside story with AncestryDNA®

December 8, 2015

20 Reasons Why You Should Write Your Family History


Recently I spotted an article in a friend's Facebook feed. It was published in February of this year on the New York Public Library's website. It's called 20 Reasons Why You Should Write Your Family History and I encourage my readers to have a look at it.  

The reason I like best, and the same reason I have been saying for years now is this one: 

"You are an important person. You have things to pass on, to your children, to your local history society, to unknown future generations"

That reason was the basis of my weekly Meme called Sharing Memories which I started in 2009. 

 Over  100 Sharing Memories prompts have now been published in an ebook Writing Your Memoirs For Descendants: Prompts for Recording & Preserving Your Family Stories and Memories

PS You do not need a Kindle to read an ebook. Amazon has the free Kindle App. Download the app then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.


 

No comments: