Discover your inside story with AncestryDNA®

January 13, 2009

Ancestors Walking in a Winter Wonderland

Carnival of Genealogy - 64th Edition - Walking In A Winter Wonderland

The description for this Carnival was "Show us those wintertime photo(s) of your ancestors or family members and tell us the story that goes along with them. Winter is here! Let's record it and celebrate it!"

This photo was taken in Guelph Ontario during one of my great-grandmother's trips from Ramsgate England to visit her son and daughter (my grandmother) in Canada. That's my great-grandmother Sarah (Stead) Simpson in the middle. She has her sensible boots and cane as well as what looks like a very warm winter coat. Of course the hat is for fashion as it does not even cover her ears.

The woman on the left is my Grandmother's daughter, my aunt (Great-Grandma's grandaughter Lillian (Fuller) Bonar) and on the right is my Grandmother's sister-in-law Cordelia (Cook) Simpson. I don't know why they went out into the snow and cold that day unless it was to go for a walk but they seem to be dressed in their Sunday best.

2 comments:

Taylorstales-Genealogy said...

A great picture and wonderful story, perhaps the ladies were on their way to church as they are all dressed up in their Sunday best. Thanks for sharing.

Olive Tree Genealogy said...

That's an interesting thought. It occurs to me that I don't know if my grandmother and great-grandmother ever went to church! I forgot to say in my post that the photo was taken circa 1928