Discover your inside story with AncestryDNA®

January 22, 2010

NEW! Share Discoveries on NewspaperArchive.com!

I've discovered another new feature on NewspaperARCHIVE.com And I like it!

After logging in, or creating a new user profile, you can click on DISCOVERIES. Next click on SHARE DISCOVERIES.

I logged into the Facebook suggestion (of course you will need a Facebook account which is free) The image is what I see on the new page that loads.



Now I can share any discoveries I've made! First I have to find a newspaper article I want to share. Then I create my discovery. As the website states, you can share your discovery in 5 easy steps

1) Give your discovery a title
2) Choose one or more topics to best describe your discovery
3) Insert any images you would like to post from your computer
4) Write some text describing your discovery
5) Click "save" to publish your discovery!

You don't need to know any html coding because Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically, and lines and paragraphs break automatically. If you know how to use html there are codes that will work in the text field and NewspaperARCHIVE.com has included a list of allowed coding

When you are all done, you can choose another discovery to share or you can preview your first entry. If it is as you wish, you simply click the button labelled "SAVE NOW TO SHARE"

What I like about this new feature is that you can share your discoveries of ancestors on Facebook, or simply file the discoveries on the website for others to find. You can search through discoveries made and shared by other individuals, by topic, simply by clicking on EXPLORE DISCOVERIES in the side bar menu.

A nice feature and one that is in Beta so I'm assuming it will only get better!

2 comments:

Becky Thompson said...

This is fabulous, Lorine! I've discovered many items that might be of interest to others, now that I think about it. Thank you for telling us about this! You're the one who put me onto NA.com in the first place.

Sanjay Maharaj said...

A great resource to have