Discover your inside story with AncestryDNA®

February 3, 2015

Canadian Directories Online

Library and Archives Canada is pleased to announce the release of a new version of the online database Canadian Directories

An addition to the page includes full versions of the directories in PDF format, as well as newly digitized directories which are not available through the database.

These 152 new directories are for the Ontario cities of Hamilton, Kingston and London and for the counties of Southwestern Ontario.

2 comments:

WCT said...

Thanks for highlighting this! I found the Union Directory (1887) contained an alphabetical list households--with concession and lot numbers!! I've seen the online atlases at McGill before but it is really useful to browse for names rather than search repeatedly.

Jo Henn said...

Hi! Thanks for posting this. I love directories and I've dis I have a bunch of Canadian ancestors. I can't wait to look through them.

I've mentioned this post in my NoteWorthy Reads post this week. http://jahcmft.blogspot.com/2015/02/noteworthy-reads-3.html?m=1