Discover your inside story with AncestryDNA®

December 31, 2017

2018 Goals and a Recap of 2017

2017 GOALS RECAP

My goals for 2017 were easy to formulate. I planned to focus even more on my writing. I was 3/4 of the way through a first draft of Janie Riley's second adventure which I hoped to publish in 2017. "A Grave Secret"  follows Janie's journey to the most haunted village in England as she searches for her 4th great-grandparents.

Of course I planned to continue my genealogy research as well.

2017 GOALS - HOW DID I DO?

I did finish the first draft of "A Grave Secret" but sadly was not able to publish it in 2017. I was laid up with quite a bit of pain for 6 weeks last year and that impacted my writing greatly. As well my health issues and physical issues continue to challenge me. But 2018 is around the corner - a new year and as always, I will continue to forge ahead as best I can.

2018 GOALS
 

We bought a cottage on an island last fall so I could have a writing retreat and I can hardly wait for Spring so I can get back full time to my writing! Yes, that's my main goal for 2018 - write, write, and do more writing.

My New Netherland Series of books on 17th century settlers in what is now New York is also going well so I plan to publish several more in that series in 2018.

You can see the list of New Netherland books I have published so far, on my New Netherland section of my Olive Tree Genealogy website.

And now it's your turn! What are your goals for 2018?

2 comments:

Colleen G. Brown Pasquale said...

Happy New Year! Enjoy your writing journey with your book & may you have many happy family discoveries in 2018!

Olive Tree Genealogy said...

Thanks! Same to you :-)