Discover your inside story with AncestryDNA®

January 24, 2007

Tag! I'm it - here's 5 things you may or may not want to know about me

There’s a new game taking place among Internet bloggers. It’s a take on the game of tag that most of us played in childhood. If you are tagged, you're supposed to blog about "Five Things You Didn't Know About Me." Then you tag other bloggers.

I got tagged by Rick Crume, "The Internet Guy" whose blog can be found here

It took awhile to think about what might be interesting or different enough to talk about, but here goes – 5 things you probably didn’t know about the Olive Tree Lady (and perhaps never wanted to know!!):

1. I have 8 grandchildren and step-grandchildren ranging in age from 1½ years to 17 years – and trying to get them all interested in genealogy has been a challenge. My 8 year old grandson Alasdair loves the Cemetery Challenge game I made up. Each summer when he and his younger sister Lilith come to visit, I give them each a large piece of paper with the name of one ancestor printed out. Then we drive to the cemetery where that ancestor is buried and we see who can find the grave first. A picnic in the cemetery follows. Of course we talk about the ancestor over our picnic lunch. Here we are at last summer’s hunt


2. I have a pet donkey (a Mammoth Jack) called Burr. His brother Ito died last year. I rescued them after they’d been taken from their owner because of neglect. Yes, put the two names together and see what you get…. Here is a picture of
Burr and Ito
taken 2 years ago when we first brought them home – they are skin and bones in this photo but soon gained weight.

If you aren't totally bored yet, be sure and check back tomorrow to read more of the "5 Things You Don't Know About Me" plus the names of the bloggers I'm going to tag when I'm done. (Part 2 is finished! Click on the link "read more" to read #s 3, 4,5)

For a list of other’s who’ve been tagged, see Randy Seaver’s blog

No comments: