Discover your inside story with AncestryDNA®

June 16, 2010

A Little Thing I Wrote for Shades

Have you read Shades: The Departed?

Shades is an online free magazine that is well worth reading.

I've directed you to the April issue on the Civil War. If you turn to page 46 you will find an article called "Civil War Costume" which I wrote for the magazine. It's illlustrated with over 30 Civil War era photographs.

Don't miss the other articles in the April issue, they are all excellent. The May issue can be found online as can all other back issues.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Very interesting article and that is a great publication.

Lisa Wallen Logsdon said...

This was a VERY helpful article. I have 5 photos that I believe are all tin types (is that the only one a magnet will stick to?) 3 of them have the stamps on the back. These five photos have been one of my hardest brick walls. I don't know who they are but they have to be family and I've nearly worn my brain out trying to discover who they all are. If I could have one wish......

Cindy Bergeron Scherwinski said...

Terrific post and I love Shades. Thanks ..

Cindy