Discover your inside story with AncestryDNA®

September 15, 2010

Olive Tree Genealogy Has Its Own You-Tube Channel!

hI finally got around to setting up an OliveTreeGenealogy Channel on You-Tube. So far I've managed to upload some cemetery videos, and am working on more!

I've been thinking about doing this for a long time. Last June hubs and I stopped at several cemeteries during various road trips. He did the work of walking and filming short videos of the tombstones, while I took digital photos of as many of the tombstones as I could manage with my physical challenges.

My plan was to upload the videos to You-Tube for researchers to view and look for an ancestor's tombstone. So today I set up my channel for Olive Tree Genealogy and uploaded some videos. One of the videos is from photos I took of a cemetery, then made into a movie using Picassa.

It's a bit of work, especially since You-tube is new for me, but I think it's really going to be fun. And I hope worth it  for researchers to keep checking to see if a cemetery they are interested in is on my channel.

Join me at http://www.youtube.com/user/OliveTreeGenealogy to have a look! You can subscribe to my channel by clicking on the SUBSCRIBE link on my page.

And stay tuned for lots more videos coming online. I can hardly wait to get to the pictures we took in Massachusetts! I'm going to make a movie (slide-show) from them and upload those to the channel as soon as possible.

2 comments:

Pam Seavey Schaffner said...

I love this idea ! Thanks for the inspiration. Have added this to my To-Do List.

Polonius said...

What a wonderful idea. I hope you get the urge to visit Cleveland, Ohio one day.