Discover your inside story with AncestryDNA®

August 16, 2013

Turning an Ancestor's Handwritten Recipes or Letters into Napkins or Towels

Turning an Ancestor's Handwritten Recipes or Letters into Napkins or Towels
Scanning my Grandmother's Recipe
I saw this blog post How to turn handwritten recipes into tea towels several months ago and thought "what a great idea!" I'd hoped to get one made myself to show you but time constraints and health issues have prevented me from creating my own.

Because I want to share this with my readers, you should read the original blog post. I'd suggest using your Flip-Pal Mobile Scanner to scan old letters or Grandma's recipes then start creating your towel or napkin or even a wall hanging. Wouldn't that be a nice Christmas gift for a family member!

As you can see I have my Grandmother's recipe in her handwriting and am scanning it in hopes of finding enough time to create my own tea towels for gifts.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

That's a brilliant idea. Just brilliant. It's such a lovely gift idea, and a keepsake too.