Every year I try to find some items that I think would make terrific Christmas gifts for genealogists. So here is my list for 2018!
1. My number one gift this year is DNA kits. That's right. There are many different companies offering sales and specials on DNA kits but my favourite is still Ancestry.
IN THE USA
AncestryDNA is available in the US for $59 plus shipping. This special ends Dec. 24th
Ancestry Gift Subscriptions is20% off for those in the USA.
AncestryDNA is available for Canadians for $89 CAD plus shipping.This sale ends at 11:59 PM EST on December 25th.
2. Give the gift of your favourite genealogy book - or one that you know the recipient would love. You can look through a huge list of books about genealogy by various authors on Amazon or you could go to the list of my published genealogy books and choose one! I have genealogy-history books as well as genealogy guides and a genealogy murder mystery for your enjoyment.
3. Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 Scanner for PC and Mac
I recently bought one of these and I am loving it! It's a wireless
document feeder scanner. I can scan up to 25 items at once and they
appear automatically on my computer in one file (or in Evernote or
Dropbox or many other choices!)
4. Journals, journals, and more journals. Give a beautiful journal for writing pesonal stories and memories. I use Iona Handcrafted Books . Tip: If the checkout won't accept a non-USA order, just email or phone as they do accept international orders.
5. Give a gorgeous family photo album. You don't need an archival quality album
as you are only putting copies of your original photographs into it. Place your scanned and printed photos in the album and then write a description of each photo on the album pages. Write a nice inscription inside the front cover, place the album in a Christmas Gift Bag and you're done!