Discover your inside story with AncestryDNA®

January 28, 2019

Great News! More Canadian Genealogy Records Free to View

The Héritage project is a 10-year initiative to digitize and make accessible online some of Canada’s most popular archival collections encompassing roughly 40 million pages of primary-source documents. Chronicling the country and its people from the 1600s to the mid-1900s, this collection represents a vast and unique resource for Canadian historians, students, and genealogists.

Great News!

As of January 1, 2019, all Canadiana content included in Early Canadiana Online, Héritage, and Canadiana Online will be available at no charge to users.

I've been using the free access since it became available, and I'm thrilled with it. If you have Canadian ancestors you will not want to miss this.  Their genealogy collection is massive.

On the left is a screenshot of the the first few records that you see out of the 185 total.

Don't wait - go! Search! Enjoy!

5 comments:

Beth Victor said...

I have checked it out and it looks great but, unless I'm doing it wrong, doesn't seem particularly searchable by record.

Olive Tree Genealogy said...

Hi Beth

It's searchable. I've found a lot of goodies for ancestors using the site. I will try to find time to write a "how-to" perhaps this week, on how to use it.

Lorine

Kiwigirl said...

Thank you this is wonderful

Toni said...

The one thing missing is a date. Even a year would be good. I would spend the rest of my life looking through these records and probably not find anything I need.

Olive Tree Genealogy said...

Toni, all the records have dates! you may need to scroll back a few images/screens, or forward, but they are all dated.

I have written an "how-to" post to be be published this week so stay tuned.