Discover your inside story with AncestryDNA®

March 22, 2019

New Netherland Settlers Van Slyke Family

"New Netherland Settlers Van Slyke Family: Cornelis Antonissen Van Slyke 1604-1676 & his French-Mohawk Wife Ots-Toch" 

  30+ years of research pulled together. 3rd Edition of my Van Slyke book. 366 pages, over 1200 footnotes

Now available on Amazon

In 1634 the Dutchman Cornelis Antonissen Van Slyke set out on a perilous journey to New Netherland (present day New York). He was a thirty year old carpenter and mason whose skills were desirable in the new colony. Little did he know that a lifetime of adventure and hardship awaited him.

Within a few years after his arrival in the New World he would meet a French-Mohawk woman named Ots-Toch. Together they carved out a life in the wilderness, raising three children who became valued interpreters for the Dutch, British, and Iroquois.

This is the story of Cornelis and Ots-Toch, and of Ots-Toch’s father Jacques Hertel, interpreter in New France (present day Quebec) to Samuel de Champlain, the Father of Canada.

This book also follows the descendants of Cornelis and Ots-Toch to 5 generations.

See the full list of available New Netherland settlers books

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Out of curiosity, are you also working on a Van Zile book?

Olive Tree Genealogy said...

No that name is not on my list of projects.

Diane said...

Hi Lorine...I have a copy of your previous version. Thanks to you I found out I am a direct descendant from Mohawk Valley NY. So?...my long lost cousin, is there a way we can please correspond directly? Diane

Olive Tree Genealogy said...

Hi Diane

Nice to "meet" you! Just go to my website http://OliveTreeGenealogy.com and you will find my email addy on every page (at the bottom in the footer) Drop me a line!

Or click on one of the Social Media icons at the top of my blog (or website) and follow me (Facebook, Twitter are the ones I am most likely to see your follow) and contact me there

Lorine