Discover your inside story with AncestryDNA®

February 3, 2022

19 Years of Blogging for Olive Tree Genealogy Blog!

 


Happy Birthday to my Olive Tree Genealogy Blog! Can you believe it is 19 years old?

It all started when a friend invited me to post on his new blog and suggested I start my own blog. My response was "Huh? What's a blog?" Yep that's right. 19 years ago blogs were just starting up and not many people were aware of them. 

It was February in Canada. It was cold and snowy and we Canadians always get the February blahs. So I started a blog. This blog. And I found I loved doing it!  

My family always tell me I'm pretty talkative and here's proof: I've written almost 4000 blog posts since my blog was born in February 2003.

I hope my readers aren't bored with me (yet) as I plan to carry on sharing my stories with you 

Out of curiousity I looked up what the most popular blog posts were since the start.


I’m off to blow out some candles and eat some cake! 

7 comments:

Marian B. Wood said...

Wow! Wishing you a very happy 19th blogiversary. Enjoy your cake and candles ;)

Linda Stufflebean said...

Congratulations on 19 years of family story telling. Thanks, too, for all the other resources you've added to your website through the years.

Lisa S. Gorrell said...

Congratulations! Quite an accomplishment and so much help to researchers.

Miss Merry said...

Congratulations on 19 years! Wow! I always enjoy reading your blog and I have learned so much. Thank you.

Joan Bos said...

19 years!! Congratulations! And quality, too. I really do like your blog!

Loretta S said...

Thank you for 19 years! Hoping you realize what a great help you are to us!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Happy blogiversary! Congratulations on so many posts!