Discover your inside story with AncestryDNA®

February 26, 2022

Lorine McGinnis Schulze 1946 - 2022

From Brian.
As most of you already know my wife Lorine has passed away. It was a great shock to myself, her family and many of you in the Genealogy community. Lorine loved Genealogy. It was her passon. It was her wish that Olive Tree Genealogy would continue to live on and I intend to see that it does. It will of course not be the same without Lorine but I will do my best to fulfill her wishes. While I do not pretend to have Lorines genealogical skills (She was amazing) I am a Genealogist and have picked up a few tricks from her over the last 25 years. In fact it was Genealogy that brought Lorine into my life. I met Lorine while working at the publishing company that printed her first book, The Van Slyke Family In America, way back in 1996. From that day on we were inseparable. She will be greatly missed but her work will live on. Lorines Obituary

5 comments:

Marian B. Wood said...

Dear Brian, please know how many hearts Lorine touched and how many people benefited from her generosity of spirit! Sending you sincere sympathy at this difficult time of loss.

Linda Ki said...

Wishing you all the best on this journey you are about to start, with out Lorine and walking in her shoes..
While we may not have the knowledge of Lorine, please do not hesitate if you need help.

Linda

Nancy said...

I'm so very sorry for your loss. She will be missed in the genealogy blogging community though I'm sure you will do a great job in continuing her legacy. Blessings to you and everyone who loved Lorine.

Miss Merry said...

I am so sorry for your tragic loss. I have learned so much from Lorine and looked forward to all her posts. I am sure you have a very empty place in your heart. Thank you for continuing her legacy through the blog. We are so happy that you are taking over the reins.

Georgia Haus said...

So sorry for your loss. She will be missed. I enjoyed reading the blog and learned so much over the years.