Discover your inside story with AncestryDNA®

December 16, 2010

I'm an Official Blogger at RootsTech 2011!

Exciting News! I was invited to become an official RootsTech 2011 Blogger and I've accepted. I'm so honoured and excited to be attending this 3 day conference in Salt Lake City as an official blogger.

RootsTech is hosted by FamilySearch and focuses on the combination of Technology and Genealogy. It is being held 10–12 February 2011 at the Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City, Utah

Quoting from the RootsTech website

The first annual RootsTech Conference will be a gathering of both family history enthusiasts and technologists from around the world. Genealogy hobbyists and professionals alike will discover new and emerging technologies that will improve and simplify their activities. At the same time, technology providers will enjoy a rare, face‐to‐face opportunity to interact with family history enthusiasts to better understand their needs.

As well as blogging about this event while I'm there, I'll be attending some of the dozens of wonderful workshops being offered. I'm especially thrilled to attend one of Thomas MacEntee's workshops "Genealogy Blogs: Impact and Influence in the Genealogy Community"

Not only is Thomas a newly discovered "cousin" through our Van Slyke ancestry, he's an innovator in the field of technology and genealogy combined, so meeting him in person has long been a wish of mine.

There are many many workshops and exciting events to attend and I'll be sharing more about these over the next few months. Hope to see you there too!

1 comment:

Amy Coffin, MLIS said...

Congratulations! I look forward to seeing you there.