Discover your inside story with AncestryDNA®

July 3, 2011

Yorkshire Vital Records Online

A few days ago I discovered that Ancestry.com has Yorkshire England records online. If you have Yorkshire ancestors, you'll want to run, not walk, to search them.

My son has Yorkshire lineage through his dad (Schulze, Hill, Dewhirst, Metcalf, Scholfield, Horner and more) and using these databases on Ancestry.com I was able to find dozens of church records for ancestors I already had in my genealogy program, and learn new names to add to his family tree.

Even for the ancestors I had previously found, what a bonus these Yorkshire records are! The marriage records give the father's name and occupations of both fathers, plus the groom. Residences are listed. In one day of intensive searching I found literally dozens of new details and several new ancestors for my son's paternal line.

The new Yorkshire records that are on Ancestry.com are:


* West Yorkshire, England, Births and Baptisms, 1813-1906

* West Yorkshire, England, Marriages and Banns, 1813-1921

* West Yorkshire, England, Deaths and Burials, 1813-1985

* West Yorkshire, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1512-1812

* West Yorkshire, England, Confirmations 1859-1915

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Thank you for pointing out this record group. It has been a great help.