Discover your inside story with AncestryDNA®

January 4, 2012

My New Descendant is Here!

Last night at 11:35 pm my newest grandson arrived. Baby boy Schulze weighed in at 6lb 5oz. Mommy and baby are fine, Daddy is exhausted.

I asked for photos but my son told me they were tired after the labour and wanted to go to sleep. I reminded him that my daughter-in-law was in labour, not him!

Good son that I have, he did send a picture a few minutes later but I promised I wouldn't share it. I suspect they want to show him to family and friends before I do.  But he's adorable and a very welcome addition to their existing family of three beautiful children.

Lucky me - I now have 10 grandchildren (plus 4 step-grandchildren). Surely at least one of them will inherit the genealogy gene?

11 comments:

Jenny Jones said...

Many congratulations on the new addition! Babies are so sweet!

I have seen a few similar posts recently, about grandmothers hoping and planning for a grandchild to join on the genealogy search. I think a cooperative blog is the answer!

Michelle Goodrum said...

Congratulations!!!

I hope everyone recovers soon. Especially dad. It sounds like he had a particularly difficult labor ;)

Cherie Cayemberg said...

Congrats, Lorine! Babies are so exciting, wonderful, snuggly! What a happy day for your family!

Susan said...

Congrats on the new arrival! There's nothing as wonderful as a new grandchild, I know you're excited!

Nancy said...

Congratulations to you, to his parents, and welcome to Baby Boy!

I think it's funny that your son is exhausted and his wife was the one in labor! I hope they all get plenty of rest.

Maybe Baby Boy will be the one with the genealogy gene!

Sierra said...

Congratulations! Enjoy your extended bowtie chart!

Kathy Reed said...

I'm a new Grandma, too. My grandson was born 8 weeks prematurely on December 29th. I can truly identify with your joy.

GeniAus said...

Congratulations on the safe arrival of Baby Schulze.

It's always exciting to welcome a new tiny person into the family fold. Wishing you and the family many fun times ahead.

Dawn said...

Congratulations on your newest "twig" on the family tree :)

Martin Lewis said...

Congratulations on the arrival of your Grandson.

Karen K said...

Congratulations on the new descendant! Grandsons are so much fun! Enjoy him.