Discover your inside story with AncestryDNA®

June 5, 2013

Canada's History Asking for Submissions of WW1 Photos and Ephemera

Canada's History Asking for Submissions of WW1 Photos and Ephemera
Ernest Simpson
Help ensure Canada's WW1 soldiers are not forgotten. In 2014, Canada’s History will honour the men and women who together helped win WWI with a new book, Canada’s Great War Album.


Sendscanned WWI photos, letters, or mementoes from your family's collection for a chance to have them included in this new book.

I plan on re-scanning my WW1 ephemera - my grandmother's brother Ern's photos, paybook and other documents, as well as other memorabilia from other family members who participated in this war.

Brian, of AncestorsAtRest, also has family medals, photos, and postcards sent from two of his grand uncles who were killed while fighting. We need to rescan the items as Canada's History requests all scans be done in 600 dpi and saved as jpeg.

It sounds like a wonderful way to ensure the memory of these brave men and women live on.

1 comment:

BDM said...

Thanks for that, Lorine. Just what I needed, another project LOL. I have terrific family material but my scans are 300 dpi at best and I have no easy access again to items I scanned while 900 miles away.