Discover your inside story with AncestryDNA®

October 12, 2018

Derr Photo Album Civil War Era


This is one of my favourite photographs from my rescued Civil War era photo album.

I call this the Derr Album and the photos that were in it can be viewed on my Lost Faces website. 

Most of the photos were identified, but not this one. It appears to be a older couple and either it is a very early photograph or they are wearing outdated fashion. The man's necktie is not usual for the 1860s. The woman's cap could is an older style. At first I thought it might be a Quaker cap but I'm rather puzzled by it.

The inscription inside the cover of this album reads:  -- and Richard -- Cleveland
 
The inscription on the front page Mr. & Mrs. R. Derr, Ney Defiance Co. Ohio

​Surnames: Derr, Prehn, Bartholomew, Stahl, Bushnell, Austen, Ward, Beavis, Brownlee, Garman, Gray, Green, Carter, Furst, Newcomb, Mott, Beck, Field, Wilson

Locations: Ohio, Kentucky, Pennsylvania

No comments: