Discover your inside story with AncestryDNA®

May 8, 2016

6 Generations of Mothers in a Direct Lline Mother to Daughter

These are the wonderful mothers in my direct unbroken maternal line from mother to daughter. 

Left to right are my 2nd great grandmother Sarah (Elvery) Stead (1836-1867); her daughter Sarah (Stead) Simpson (1862-1952); her daughter Ruth (Simpson) Fuller (1894-1985), then my mother, me and my daughter.  The line is broken now as my daughter has sons but no daughters.

Happy Mother's Day to all the amazing mothers out there!

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Wonderful photos. Happy Mother's Day Lorine

Patti said...

I love it!! For Mother's Day last year, I made something similar for my mom---a 6-generation collage of mothers and daughters together (my 2nd great-grandma with her daughter, 1st great; 1st great with her daughter, my grand; etc.) My daughter and I are the final photo in the collage, which I titled "From Minnie to Gabrielle, a Chain of Daughters." Interestingly, each daughter was a firstborn. My daughter just got married last October, and they aren't planning children for awhile, but when the time comes, I'm pulling for another firstborn daughter.