Discover your inside story with AncestryDNA®

May 28, 2016

Death Finds a Way - My First Genealogy Mystery Novel is Coming Soon!

If you like genealogy and you like mystery stories, I think you're going to like what I have to share with you. I'm so excited I'm almost exploding! My very first genealogical murder mystery novel is set to be published this month!

That's right. I've written a novel, a 193 page mystery novel, about a genealogist who becomes involved in a murder in Salt Lake City Utah.
 
It has been five years in the making, involving endless cups of tea, hundreds of hours of brainstorming with my husband, and over two dozen edits from first draft to final version. In the middle of that five year period I shoved the manuscript into a drawer, not sure how I could ever finish it. Two years later I took it out and with a renewed burst of energy and excitement, carried on writing!

Yesterday I received my proof copy and today I am checking that copy to make sure it is ready to go live! I'll be letting you, my wonderful readers, know as soon as it is available for purchase. I'm anxious, nervous, but also super excited to see if you like it.

My Proof Copy!
Death Finds a Way is the story of Janie Riley, an avid genealogist with a habit of stumbling on to dead bodies. With her husband Steven, Janie heads to Salt Lake City Utah to track down her elusive fourth great-grandmother. But her search into the past leads her to more than she bargained for. Her discovery of a dark secret brings her close to danger. Can she solve the mysteries of the past and the present, and untangle a web of lies before disaster strikes?


Be sure to check out my new author page at LorineSchulze.com

I'll be posting here on Olive Tree Genealogy blog and on my author page as soon as my novel is available - probably in a few days! 

 




6 comments:

Kathleen Moore said...

I can't wait to read it! :) I love mysteries and genealogy.

Eileen said...

I can't wait. I will add it to my Genealogy Mysteries list that I periodically blog about. Will the book be available on Amazon? As Kindle?

Eileen

Olive Tree Genealogy said...

Death Finds a Way will be available on Amazon (.com and .ca) as well as CreateSpace Store. The Kindle version will be available at some point but not for quite a while. Thanks for asking!

Patti said...

Congratulations on your awesome accomplishment!

I look forward to hearing more...and to reading your novel.

The Brigham City Fort said...

I would be interested in this book. I like Genealogy Mysteries. I'm trying to write one, but won't get back to it until probable next year. Having said that I have done a great deal of research for it already. This year I'm working on a blog called;


http://thehoneymoontrail.blogspot.com

I have another one called

http://thestephensherwoodletters.blogspot.com

Your blog looks very interesting.


Dana Leeds said...

How exciting!!! I can't imagine how you must be feeling. I'm eager love a good mystery, and the genealogy tie-in is a wonderful bonus. I can't wait to read it! :)