Discover your inside story with AncestryDNA®

December 8, 2012

A Genealogy Christmas Wish List

Last year I published a Christmas post called All I Want For Christmas: A Genealogist's Baker's Dozen Wish List
 
This year I'm revisiting some of my ideas from last Christmas, even though I did get many of the items on my list. My readers might be interested in the list for themselves!

Print it and leave it lying around for your spouse or children to find. Pass it on to friends and family so they know what you'd like.
Flip-Pal Mobile Scanner
1. Ancestry.com World Subscription (or any other genealogy subscription-based site you like)

2. Flip-Pal Mobile Scanner to take to Archives, Libraries and on field trips. Read my first review from November 2010 at Flip-Pal Mobile Scanner, Best Thing Since Sliced Bread

3. RootsTech Registration. Ask your loved one to register you for RootsTech 2013 coming up March 21-23, 2013

4. An original newspaper from Historic Newspapers UK. See my earlier blog post about this (they also have USA newspapers!) at Original Historic Newspapers Make Great Gifts!

5. Evernote Moleskine notebook. I don't have one and am pretty anxious to try it out! Apparently you write in the notebook and with a click of your smartphone camera, can transfer your notes to Evernote. See The New Evernote Smart Notebook by Moleskine

6. DNA Test Kit from Family Tree DNA (or any other DNA Testing company you prefer)
 
7.  Echo Smart Pen by Live Scribe for recording Family Stories and Memories. I love my SmartPen. I use it to record my 89 year old auntie's stories of her childhood, then I plug it into my laptop and the digital record transfers. Using the pen while auntie speaks, I make jot notes in the special notebooks. Then I can play the recorded stories by touching any word in the notebook. Very cool!

8. A Kindle Fire, Nook or other e-reader so you can purchase genealogy books and read them in airports, waiting rooms, on the beach or pretty much anywhere

My Iona Journal
9.  A subscription to the Genealogy Magazine of your choice. I'd like Family Tree Magazine, but the one you drool over could be very different

10. Jawbone JAMBOX This tiny powerful speaker allows you to connect via bluetooth to any other bluetooth enabled device (laptop, computer, iPhone, iPad etc) and play your favourite podcasts or listen to any audio with much better quality sound. I have one and I love it.

11. A beautiful journal for writing your own memoirs. I love Iona Handcrafted Books and have asked my hubby to buy me another one this Christmas as I'm on my last one. Tip: If the checkout won't accept a non-USA order, just email or phone as they do accept international orders.

12.  A Shutterfly gift certificate  I love Shutterfly for creating family photo books or calendars. It's also great for simply getting copies of your family photos so you can share them with family members

13. And in blatant self-promotion, how about asking for one of the genealogy and history books I have written and published?

And there you have it - my Genealogy Wish List for this Christmas. 


1 comment:

Lynn said...

Love the handcrafted journals sent the link to my husband. ;)