Discover your inside story with AncestryDNA®

April 29, 2013

Digital Public Library of America is Live - and Full of Goodies

The Digital Public Library of America is Live
The Digital Public Library of America (DPLA) is live. And what a treat! I spent a happy couple of hours there last week searching for some of my ancestor surnames.

Within minutes of searching for FOLLICK I spotted two death certificates from a Follick husband and wife in Utah. The search was fast and easy and you can drill down by subject, owning institution, partner institution, location and other choices, if you get a lot of matches.

Details as to the owning institution, DPLA's partner institution and more are also provided for each "hit". Clicking on the thumbnail or the text "view object" takes you to a full size image of the document.

I found photos, documents and other goodies on the DPLA site. And I haven't even spent much time on it yet. I'm looking forward to exploring it more and to seeing new partner sites emerge.

No comments: