Discover your inside story with AncestryDNA®

April 30, 2013

Michigan Death Certificates 1921-1952 online

Example of a typical Michigan Death Certificate
Great news for genealogists looking for ancestors in Michigan! FamilySearch now has an index for Michigan, Death Certificates, 1921-1952 online. I've just spent two hours finding death records for my Vollick and McGinnis family branches who ended up in Michigan. And I'm not done yet!

There are no images available but it's still wonderful to have this index online. So do yourself a favour and take some time today to search the collection. It nicely rounds out the Michigan death records previously online:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

any word on why there's no images? The description says there are images and they were included when we did the indexing. It's very frustrating to wait over 4 months since arbitration finished only to see them not publish the images.

Colleen G. Brown Pasquale said...

Thanks for that information!

Anonymous said...

Agreed. I hope that the images are published too.

I am really anxious to see ALL of the information on the death certificates.

Linda Huesca Tully said...

Very helpful - I found my 2x great aunt Maggie McGinnis there. Thank you, Lorine!