Believe it or not, Christmas is only 25 days away! That's right. It's time to not only start buying that perfect gift for loved ones but also make your own wish list of genealogy items you'd like to have. Olive Tree Genealogy has created a nice start to a list of 5 items you know you can't live without.
1. DNA KITS - what's not to love about being able to find cousin connections and learn about your far-back ancestry?
30% off AncestryDNA in America AncestryDNA is on sale in the USA at the lowest price of the year, for $69 - a 30% discount! The offer will be live from November 26 9pm PST to November 30 9pm PST.
Canadians must purchase their kits from Ancestry.ca. $30 OFF AncestryDNA in Canada
in Canada is on sale at the lowest price of the year. Normally $149 the
sale is for $119 - a $30 discount! The offer will be live from November
26 9pm PST to November 30 9pm PST.
IN UNITED KINGDOM
your AncestryDNA kit at the lowest price of the year in the UK: £69
with a 30% discount! The offer will be live from 27 November 12:01am GMT
to 30 November 11:59pm GMT.30% off AncestryDNA in the UK
2. PORTABLE SCANNER
Personally I love my Flip-Pal Scanner. But there are other options!
* TaoTronics® Handheld Mobile Portable Document scanner
* Avision IS15+ Portable Scanner for Photos & Cards
3. DOCUMENT FEEDER SCANNER
Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 Scanner for PC and Mac my personal favorite! I use mine daily. It makes life so much easier - it's fast and reliable and scans to email, Dropbox, Evernote, your computer.... whatever you choose. You can scan in jpg or pdf.
4. GENEALOGY BOOKS. We all love genealogy books so why not put a few on your Christmas list? I recommend you pop over to Amazon and check out the books by the following authors:
* Books by Lorine McGinnis Schulze
* Books by Thomas MacEntee
5. SUBSCRIPTION TO GENEALOGY WEBSITE
There are many great genealogy sites you can subscribe to. My favorite is Ancestry.com as it has allowed me to dig back many generations on my ancestors in America, Canada and England.