Discover your inside story with AncestryDNA®

October 27, 2013

Flash - Another Winner of a Children's Game from Blue-Orange

Flash - Another Winner of a Children's Game from Blue-Orange
Another winner of a game that my grandchildren loved! FLASH from Blue-Orange is a game for ages 7 to adult. It's a fast paced dice game for 2 to 6 players. My grandchildren ages 6 to 11 played. The age limits given are accurate as the 6 year old (he just turned 6 last month) had some trouble. 

There are different challenges to meet. Sometimes each player tries to get 6 of a kind, sometimes it is 3 pairs or other variations of the dice tosses. Players toss their dice, quickly decide which are "keepers" and which need to be thrown again to complete the challenge, then toss again. 

The 6 year old's siblings ended up letting him stick with trying to get 6 of a kind because he had trouble understanding the concept of 3 pairs and the more difficult sets. He also had a little trouble keeping up with the fast pace of the game and making decisions as to which dice to keep and which to throw again. But he enjoyed playing!

His older siblings had no trouble at all. They loved the game although they did need a little help from me to understand the rules. But that's good because the point of these games (for me) is to bond with them and spend some fun quality time together. 

I use these games as a opportunity to talk about history and our ancestors. I say things like "Do you think our ancestors played games like this?" and then we talk about what a child might get for Christmas in the 1800s or what games Great-Grandpa or Grandma McGinnis had to play with.






This game won the following awards and I can see why:
  • Dr. Toy Best Vacation Products
  • Parents’ Choice Award
  • Tillywig Toy Award
  • The National Parenting Center Award

Disclaimer: I was given a free game to review but I was not told what to say. The opinions here in my blog post are my own.

No comments: