Discover your inside story with AncestryDNA®

November 20, 2013

Defying Age

This video is inspiring. It focuses on 6 women, all seniors and all amazing in their confidence, sense of personal style and outlook on life and aging.

It really has very little to do with genealogy except for the fact that genealogists all age (as does everyone). And I think it's important to age well, that is, to leave a memory of oneself behind that your descendants will be proud of or at least will talk about!

I think I personally have lost some of my daring and self-confidence as I've aged. I refuse to let age defeat me though even though I do have mobility issues. When I use my cane in public I realize that others perceive me as frail and old. But I refuse to give in to those perceptions and the women in this video have inspired me to be even stronger.

So for all the senior female genealogists reading my blog, and for the younger women too, please do watch this video and let it (hopefully) inspire you too.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this! Thanks for posting!