Discover your inside story with AncestryDNA®

November 22, 2013

New Map Feature on Pinterest is Pretty Cool

Pinterest has a new feature - the ability to add maps to your boards and pins.  Basically you create a board - here's mine which I just created this morning. It's called Ancestors' Homes

Then you start adding your pins. I decided to add photos of my ancestors, but I could have added any picture (census record, a building, etc) - and it can come from a website or my own computer.

After you add a pin you add the map by typing in the name of the city or town that you want to pin to your photo. 

When you are done, you will see a larger map (as you see here above on the right) which shows all your pins. The pins are on my map are numbered so you can match them to the pictures you put on your board.

This seems to have many genealogical aspects as you could create boards that show immigration patterns or your ancestors' burial spots or birth locations and so on. 

I've only got 3 pins so far on my one map board but wanted to share this new feature with you before heading back to Pinterest to add more. If you want to follow my boards on Pinterest, just go to my boards at Lorine MS

3 comments:

Celia Lewis said...

Darn, I'm never going to get anything done today, Lorine! So many possibilities... (Thanks!)

Andrea Kelleher said...

Ooooh I like this! I am going to have to try this myself. Thanks for the tip.

Anonymous said...

I love reading your psts and so wonderful to see what you have done with this new feature on Pinterest...you have great boards and I followed them all today!
Thanks Lorine!