Discover your inside story with AncestryDNA®

August 31, 2014

Sharing Memories Week 35: Back to School

Sharing Memories Week 35: Back to School
Here is a Challenge for all genealogy bloggers. Keep a weekly journal called Sharing Memories. Some of you may recall that in 2010, 2011 and 2012 I provided weekly prompts to help with recording our memories of ancestors and our own childhood.

If you missed this weekly series called Sharing Memories you might want to have a look and see if any of the prompts are helpful to you.

This week's prompt is Back to School

What was it like for you the week or weekend before school started up again after summer holidays? Did you get lots of cool notebooks, pencils and pencil crayons? Did your mom buy you that backpack you wanted?

We didn't have anything special for back-to-school like they have now. All I ever got was new binders, 3 ring lined paper and a few pencils and pens. But I was happy. Remember those little adhesive white rings with the hole in the middle that you put to reinforce your 3 ringed notepaper? I loved those silly things!

I was wishing I had some of them today when a Recipe binder I use lost its first page because the holes ripped from use.

2 comments:

Mad Gramma said...

Put scotch tape over both sides of the ripped hole and then use a hole punch to re-punch the hole.

Dana Leeds said...

I don't remember a lot about going back to school, but I remember the joys of a new box of crayons! :)